DISCLAIMER: The instructions below have been tested are are confirmed as a way to fix your Polycom SIP telephone when encountering errors related to firmware and or provisioning issues. This is a way to reset SoundPoint, SoundStation and Polycom VVX SIP telephones. With that being said .e4 is not liable or responsible if you can’t figure it our OR brick your phone.
Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Phone Provisioning Server
This is a publicly accessible server intended only for use of provisioning, upgrading, or downgrading the software of Polycom IP phones with stock Polycom software and configuration files.
Multiple ‘stock’ directories exist with different versions of SIP, UC, and BootROM software, and are named according to the SIP or UC software version contained within. These directories are completely Stock; no changes should be made to any configuration files within.
Each directory contains an ABOUT.TXT to indicate which SIP and BootROM software versions exist within that directory.
To Provision Your Polycom VoIP Phone:
1. From the phone’s local menu interface, press Menu > Settings > Advanced (default password: 456) > Administration Settings > Network Configuration >
2. Configure your DHCP menu:
On 3.x Phones: Main Menu > Settings > Advanced > Admin Settings > Network Configuration > DHCP Menu
On 4.x/5.x phones: Main Menu > Settings > Advanced > Admin Settings > Network Configuration > Provisioning Server > DHCP Menu set the following:
Boot Server: Static
BootSrv Type: IP Address (Once phone is upgraded, please remove the IP address from the phone!!!)
3. From the Provisioning Server menu set: Server Type: HTTP
4. Next input Server Address as voipt2.polycom.com or IP Example to load the latest SIP 4.08 = voipt2.polycom.com/408
a. Note voipt2.polycom.com can be entered in IP form, enter: Example 188.8.131.52/408 for convenience.
5. Unless otherwise instructed by VoIP Support, do not change Server User or Password.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Using this server to provision your phone will erase all preferences and will restore all settings to their Factory Default Values! ALL SETTINGS WILL BE LOST!!