Sunday, October 11, 2009
If you are using Switchvox 4.0 and find yourself browsing the switchboard plugin section you’ve probably noticed that out of the box, the popular IP PBX platform offers a panel for google maps. The Google Maps panel will automatically pull up the location of the caller on google maps by quickly searching the for the location associated with the number and will then place a pin on the map where the caller is calling from. Pretty neat!
This is a good example of the power of the Switchboard panel functionality however, the custom panel option is where you can really dig in to the power and felxibilty of the Switchboard. A good example of this has been deployed on my home system. In the following example, switchboard uses google phonebook to do a reverse phone number lookup and genenerates results based on the inbound caller id number and also queueries my Facebook friends by searching the caller id name.
Update: I’ve listed the custom panel URL Strings below just in case you’d like to have these features for your system.
Switchvox Notifier Suite integrates your Switchvox PBX with your Microsoft Office software programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Click to call from Outlook Contacts
- Smart Tags in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Make calls from your Windows desktop
- Displays the caller ID and your call history with callers
- Open Switchboard from the Call Panel
- One-click option to play a voicemail message or view a fax
Switchvox Notifier Suite requires an account on a Switchvox SMB 4.0 PBX, and the following software installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 *
- Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies *
- Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office system (version 3.0 Runtime) (x86)
- Automatically installed with Switchvox Notifier Suite, if necessary.
Note: If you want to use Switchvox Notifier Suite’s Outlook-related features, you must also have the latest version of Microsoft Office
Digium Released three new Switchvox Appliances this week. We’ve compiled a list of new device characteristics below.
The SMB 65 maintains the following physical characteristics: (AA65 Photos)
- Form Factor – Desktop, 19” Rackmount (2-post with included ears)
- Wallmount (using included ears)
- Dimensions – 16” wide, 9.5” deep, 2.875” high
- Weight – 15 lbs. including packaging
The SMB 305 maintains the following physical characteristics: (AA305 Photos)
- Form Factor – 19” Rackmount (2-post via included ears or 4-post via separate rail kit), *Wallmount (using separate wall mount kit)
- Dimensions – 16.8125” wide, 15.1875” deep, 5.25” high (3U)
- Weight – 30 lbs. including packaging
The SMB 355 maintains the following physical characteristics: (AA355 Photos)
- Form Factor – 19” Rackmount (4-post via included rail kit)
- Dimensions – 16.8125” wide, 26.375” deep, 5.25” high (3U)
- Weight – 48 lbs. including packaging
For more information on Switchvox – Please contact .e4 Sales at 231-946-4162
VoIP over Wifi has always been something I have been interested in. On the surface it seems like the ultimate in communications. For the most part, most devices in this space have failed to live up to the promise or have been discontinued by the manufacturer as adoption rates seem slower than expected.
Enter the Unidata SQ-3100:
A unique concept in telephony period. Here is a device that has the promise of bringing the best of tree worlds together. 1. Wifi IP Telephony, 2. Video over Wifi, and 3. the ability to have a phone at your desk. All of these features are far from unique in their own right- However, bringing them together sets the pace for all other phones in the video space.
The Unidata SQ-3100 video conference handset cradle extends the functionality of the SQ-3000 and the SQ-3500 by combining the mobility of the WiFi video handsets with the functionalty of a desktop device
Video Conference Support:
Digium, a world leader in IP PBX Solutions announced support for video conferencing in their 3.5 release release of Switchvox.